Antique prints of French chateaux inspired the brown and bright blue color scheme of this large room at our San Antonio inn, dedicated to King William preservationist Walter Mathis, another former owner of our San Antonio bed and breakfast. He single-handedly initiated the rejuvenation of the neighborhood in the 1960’s through purchase and restoration of some 14 properties. His last residence, Villa Finale, at 401 King William Street is open to the public as a National Trust house museum.
- Flat-panel TV with cable & DVD player
- Antique walnut furnishings, including a French chaise for reclining with a good book
- Electric fireplace, ceiling fan
- Access to the 3rd floor veranda with wicker seating—relax and enjoy a glass of wine while gazing at the downtown skyline and the Tower of the Americas
- Four large 10-foot windows provide views of the front lawn and veranda and flood the room with natural light
- Heart-of-pine floor with Oriental rug
- Tiled bathroom with combination tub and shower